As we all know, purchasing a new or used vehicle can be an intimidating and overwhelming experience, especially if you’re working with a tight budget and have an inherent aversion to fast-talking salespeople.
This is why we’ve created a brief guide to help you navigate this stress-inducing process and find the perfect Canberra cars for sale. Be sure to bookmark this page and save it for future use.
Crucial Facts and Figures
Before we highlight the ideal way to ascertain a reputable dealership in your vicinity, it’s in your best interests to take a closer look at the forthcoming trends and developments in the automotive industry:
- 2017 marked the first year that the average car loan surpassed $30,000.
- The average repayment tenure for vehicle financing is approximately 68 months, which means that warranties and service plans are becoming increasingly valuable in terms of protecting your investment throughout the length of your loan.
- The automotive sector spent upwards of $45 billion on advertising, marketing, and promotional initiatives during 2017, more than any other industry on the planet.
- The typical family spends almost twice as much on car purchases and repairs per year than on healthcare and medical insurance.
- Due to the technological sophistication of contemporary cars, trucks, and SUVs, the median vehicular repair bill has increased by roughly 23% since 2009.
As such, it’s now more important than ever to ensure that you’re partnering with a resourceful dealership as opposed to a bargain-bin car lot, particularly if you’d like to insulate yourself from the financial risks associated with buying a vehicle in today’s day and age.
The Hallmarks of a Trustworthy Dealer
Contrary to popular belief, you don’t have to bend over backwards researching various brands, makes, and models in order to find the perfect vehicle for your needs. All you have to do is ascertain a dependable, upstanding local merchant that features a consumer-centric approach.
In this regard, you should create a tight-knit relationship with a dealership that can tout the following aspects and characteristics:
- Certified partnership with a distinguished parent company (such as Toyota, for instance)
- Extensive selection of both new and used cars available throughout the year, ideally more than 200 vehicles for sale at any point in time
- Comprehensive information available for every single vehicle including 90-point quality checks, full service histories, background checks, ownership reports, and other integral documentation
- In-house mechanical protection plans that provide bumper-to-bumper coverage for your purchase, allowing you to rely on a highly trained team of technicians to perform routine services for many years to come
- Cost-effective financing opportunities and trade-in arrangements to account for your budgetary restrictions
- Inclusive VIP breakdown assistance for unforeseen incidents and mechanical failures
Simply by adhering to this checklist during your planning stage, you’ll be able to select the perfect dealership in your area and confidently embark on your car-buying journey.